Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cyclist Ahoy!

I shall get rid of these obnoxious loser type auto-guys from my life. Though I had bought a bike a month ago for 3400 bucks from one of those cycle shops in Bengaluru ( I wish I could say which one, but my obscure knowledge of local geography prevents me again. Darn!), I have ridden it for a very round figure of 10 times probably till date.

I did venture out a few times when I managed to wake up, brush teeth and get into Reebok Red Riding outfit before the clock struck six and wandered about till seven, braving hooting auto-weennies at Bangalore East Station too!

My bike is one of those old fashioned gear-less types so the rolling roads at Wheelers Road area were not too alluring either. However, after watching the poor baby lie around unused for long enough, I am now going to try out cycling to work.

Wish me luck in this venture amigos!

5 comments:

MadhuSRao said...

Welcome to bikeszone!
You have made a bold and a wise decision.
All the best and Happy cycling :)

Naimisha said...

@life: Thank you dude :-)

moonstruckmoth said...

Every morning I have to wade thru that snaking snarling traffic on my way to office...which is only a mere 7.5km frm my place...n it takes me almost an hour!

Cycling to office wld be ideal for me, but the way ppl drive around here, I have a sneaky feeling I'd be run over by a bus in the first few days itself!

But lemme see...I might just take the plunge...

Naimisha said...

@moonstruckmoth:The traffic is one of the reasons why I am planning to start from Monday and not today! Need to get myself a helmet on a priority basis. Would advice you to do the same. Do let me know how you fared

Zaheer said...

Have fun..It is great to cycle especially around cant area, ulsoor lake. Lot of greenary, fresh air and less traffic early in the morning. I cycle to work from Bangalore East to Kasturba road...doing the final bit through cubbon park filling my lungs with the much needed pure oxygen...