Monday, May 12, 2008

My boss cannot play peek-a-boo with my machine anymore!

Here is my first post from my workplace. The I have so much free time at work that I don't know what to do is yet to afflict me though and last I heard, was thankfully, still slinking around the fashionable IT circuit.

Life here mostly seems to revolve around arcane regulations by RBI (trivia: I am currently on ECBs. I might even post on that one next!), badly put business proposals which aught to scare the shit out of any Investment Banker, prudent or otherwise, and Gigabyte sized Excel Sheets. With the appreciating rupee and all the slash-hacking of interest rates, people seem to be running in droves towards the External Commercial Borrowings route and only time shall tell how wise/unwise the exodus.

By the way, did I let you onto the furore being created by SEZs? Looking at their numbers, one might even think every ha'penny might send his coin up and come down with an SEZ. It ain't complete bollocks either! Though the inflation figure was a bit of a fright and the IIP figures saw the dumps, everybody seems to be still wanting to jump on to the bandwagon. Hope the chappies do manage.

The stock markets are keenly continuing in their dance of the Yo-Yos and busy losing my money too. What can I say? Life has to go on.

No comments: