Thursday, July 31, 2008

'B' is for bewitching

Am sitting in my office, hacking away at keyboard, trying to make numbers match on spreadsheets. Suddenly, notice the increase in general noise levels. Peek past the wooden partition that obstructs my view of the windows behind the cladding, over looking M G Road.

Nothing. No water drops racing down the window to prove rain.Go back to work.

Yet the noise doesn't stop. Lean back in chair to peek past blinds covering the window overlooking the lane leading to Church Street. Aha! Now I can see the drops racing each other. Again check the M G Road window. Zilch.

30 second later, no water drops anywhere. Sigh and get back to work. This is the second time it has happened. Do you believe me? And the roads are perpendicular to each other with a hypotenuse of less then 500m from where I sit.

A little treat to a little lane like a chuckling mother handing out candy secretly to her youngest?

No comments: