Thursday, June 28, 2007

Feminist who?


I am not a feminist.


Sure pink is for girls and women are superior to men. But aren't those facts, not perspectives?What is it with people anyway that they cannot separate these two?


If I say I don't want to wear dresses, like to ride motorcycles, love the work of a certain Woolf, prefer Marlboros over Virgina Slims and consider Mechanical Engineers as God's Gift to Humankind (and yes, I strongly prefer gender neutral words)or adore Brad Pitt, fall for men who have the old world charm left in them,think after-shave to be the most seductive scent on Earth, I get called a feminist, pseudo-feminist or just a silly fluff.


Why should a body be called something for stating facts?


If I believe that the Sun is the center of the Milky Way or that Morrison was a Rock God, do I get called a Sunist or a Doorist?But aren't those facts, not perspectives?What is it with people anyway that they cannot separate these two?


So much for these Male Chauvinist Pigs(MCP thing, you know)and their obsession with taxonomy.


As for me, I am happy to sit back,flip through Top Gear while the curlers do their job and separate my facts from my perspectives. Champagne anyone?


PS:The picture is from a page by jini something. This is as far as the acknowledgment goes

3 comments:

bala said...

Could I call me a masculist then? I like my heroines heoroine like, and so on a and so forth...but then I would get called an MCP! :(

Naimisha said...

How you like your heroines or heoroine if you prefer, is a fact again. Not a perspective dear. Because you prescribe to a fact in particular should not get you labeled as anything, including masculist.

V said...

Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist
Naimisha, The feminist